Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Model JGS P31 WET1WW gas range. I just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a Model JGS P31 WET1WW gas range. I just replaced the clock/control with Part# XXXXX The new clock/control is connected, following the connections on the old clock/control, and the clock and oven seem to be working OK. However, while the igniters work and the gas is on, the burners won't light. Also, the back right igniter continues to spark after that or any other control knob is turned off of the ignite position.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.
ok what was the original problem for needing to change the control ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The clock/control failed - functions were erratic, buttons performed functions different than shown, temperature control erratic, display would fail. Tried flipping the breaker off/on and that seemed to "fix" it for a short time, but eventually I did not trust it for safe operation.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

I don't blame you . ok , give me a bit to look up the info i be back shortly, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok you have a new issue with this now, the spark module is bad. have you cleaned the top lately? around the burners or the control knobs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The burners and knobs are clean. How do I identify the spark module? I don't get the picture!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I didn't mean the knobs themselves sorry, I meant have you used a pray cleaner or water lately to clean around the knobs or the burners?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the spark module something than can be replaced? I had a heck of a time finding the WB27K5187.

Yes, the area around the knobs and burners is clean. I've used mild soapy water and other cleaners. The burners work fine when I ignite them with a lighter.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

well when was the last time you cleaned them? what I'm getting at is sometimes the spark igniter's get wet underneath and can cause your issue, I don't want you to order the module unless we go over all possible causes,. and yes you can replace this,

its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its either on the back or behind the drawer on this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is my first time with this on-line help service. I've already paid a deposit - the estimated cost of the answer. Will that cover it, or is there an additional charge?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no additional charge, when you press accept I get my pay from them thats all, your deposit covers it, sorry I lost my Internet for a bit, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS MUCH FOR THE HELP!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your very welcome, well wishes and thanks, Bryan