Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Bosch SHX57C05UC purchased in 2006 and it has been

We have a Bosch SHX57C05UC purchased in 2006 and it has been nothing but trouble. (as an architect I learned you never buy upper end appliances since you have more features to repair and doubt they are engineered as well a your basic models). Our most recent problems have been water failing to drain (remains in base) and last night leaked on our hardwood floors; a new problem has surfaced in that the control buttons are slipping below the panel. We paid Sears $151.35 (replaced the door seal--to prevent the leaks and attempt to fix the draining problem) the 28th of July 2010 and they obviously do not know what they are doing since they have been out 3 times. At this point, it may make sense to junk the $1200 dishwasher and start with a basic (or different) model. Is this a flawed model? Are there any qualified technicians in zip code 94941 that know how to fix this dishwasher?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you live close or in Mill Valley Ca. ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, Mill Valley California 94941
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

ok , first off Sears is the worst company to call for service, what you need to do is talk to Bosch directly

@ Central Contact Address BSH Home Appliances XXXXX
Huntington Beach, CA 92649 Tel 1-800-944-2904 Fax(NNN) NNN-NNNN

they will set up a service call with a trained and factory authorized Bosch technician,

these machines are a nightmare you are correct about that, if theres any fixing this at all they will tell you usually on the phone what the issue is and then send a tech out to repair it. its the only way to go with these, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.