Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have refrigerator Model #GSS22JEMD WW SERIAL #L0207901. The

I have refrigerator Model #GSS22JEMD WW SERIAL #L0207901.
The in-door water hose has started dripping. Sometimes it drips more and sometimes it drips less.

I have tried flushing it by holding the trigger arm (plastic piece hit by a glass) in the on position to let alot of water flow. If there is something preventing the valve from closing tight, it has not flushed out.

What has History taught you about these valves? Are they just worn out and need to be replaced? If so is it a major service call? What would be an estimate of its cost?

Is there a simple way for me as retired Electical Engineer to fix it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The electronic valve on the back of the refrigerator is just not sealing properly. They use rubber gaskets just like a lot of other devices and the piston just isn't sealing up to the gasket. You'll need to order and replace the valve to fix the problem, it's fairly straight forward and easy to replace if you wanted to do it yourself. Just pull the refrigerator forward, unplug the refrigerator, turn your water off and disconnect the water line from the valve, then remove and replace the valve. The valve is about $50 or so and can be ordered in the link below if you want.