Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The detergent dispenser on my Kenmore dishwasher 13839 has

The detergent dispenser on my Kenmore dishwasher 13839 has a coating of dried detergent on it. It does not open properly during the wash cycle. How can I remove this dried detergent?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

how much water is in the bottom of the machine after it fills? in inches.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just turned the dishwasher on until I heard washing action. I measured the water on the bottom of the dishwasher outside of the heating coil. It measured 1/2 inch.
your problem is your not getting enough water, this is why the detergent isn't dissolving, there should be around 2" at least, your water valve is bad, can you get me the full model # XXXXX inside the machine on the side wall, it should start with 110,106 665, or some other combo.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
665 13839K601
you need to replace the water valve if the float inside isn't stuck, check that first, inside the machine when you open the door there will be a float, similar to this one. if it moves up and down freely replace the water valve, this is located behind the access panel under the door, make sure your water under the sink didn't get shut off before replacing the valve, thanks Bryan