Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

my whirlpool washing machine has clean pump flashing light,

my whirlpool washing machine has clean pump flashing light, how do i do that please?
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

So you have already cleaned the filter ?

If this has been helpfull please press accept. This is how I get paid for helping you today.
Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have taken the circular plug out and released masses of water. it is at the bottom of the machine at the front. i had to take the panel of plastic off to get to it
Ok when it is suppose to drain does the pump start ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
dunno how can i tell
You can here it when it engages.

Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have just put it onto drain and its doing nothing but humming qietly
Ok there may be something stuch inside the pump not allowing the impeller to turn.You will have to remove the hoses and check inside the pump.

Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me how to do that please
Just remove the clamps that hold the hoses. You should have to squeeze the clamps and slide them back.

Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
am i right in thinking that i need to tip machine back and work underneath it? pump is at front?
You said you have the lower panel off so you can see the pump ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have taken the plastic panel off but not the metal panel. i have unscrewed 3 screws but the are two smaller ones by filter do i need to take filter out and try and unscrew 2 smaller ones
Ok just remove the filter inside where the filter is there is a hole that goes to the impeller. Stick your finger in it and try to turn the impeller.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yep got that moving

Ok see if the machine will drain.

Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just put it on a quick wash to see and the clean pump light has come back on. arghhhh
So it wont drain ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

noope

Can you here the pump trying to work ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

honestly i dont know

i have poured all water outta machine thru pump, pulled out some bits that were about it, moved the fan thing ,

Leave the filter out and put it in drain does the pump make any sounds ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

pump fan thing has started moving again

Ok from what you have said the pump motor is faulty. So the pump needs to be replaced.

Thank you.Smile