Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore Electric Range Model 790.93751100 Serial Number

Kenmore Electric Range Model 790.93751100 Serial Number: VF15009395

PROBLEM: Oven control beeps continuously with no indicator lights flashing - Displays F1. It says to "Reprogram oven." I have searched the owners Use and Care Guide and I can't find anythng on reprogramming the oven. Pushed CANCEL to clear the display and stop the beeping, but a few seconds later beeping starts again. Oven coil stayed on and whole stove became extremely hot. Since it was too hot to try to move out and unplug, I flipped the breaker switch.

QUESTION: How do I "Reprogram Oven"?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your electronic control has failed, it needs to be replaced,

F0 & F1 EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure Replace EOC (Electronic Oven Control)

which is the clock assembly, you can order this @ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this something I can replace myself?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes its wire for wire and all you need to do is pull the range out and unplug it take the back access panel off the control and its simple from there, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I haven't forgotten you. I just ordered the part and it is going to take a week to arrive. I'm assuming that the power to the stove should not be turned back on until the part arrives - correct? This stove is in my tenant's apartment and she is quite nervous about this episode as the stove go so very hot so I want to be able to put her mind to rest. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok sure, just come back after you install it and let me know, it will work fine then, if this was getting hot without it being on leave it shut off unfortunately. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks a lot. I'll check back with you if I have a problem installing it when it arrives.