Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Sub Zero Model 690 refrigerator. The refrigerator

I have a Sub Zero Model 690 refrigerator. The refrigerator light switch is broken. The light goes on only if I jiggle the switch (the left one). I have searched onine and found that I need part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN I then search and found it was "discontinued". Not sure if that is correct or not. don't know where to go from here. Is that the right part? Possible for an amateur to install? thanks

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

a replace after market switch is available @ check with them , this is suppose to be a replacement. hope this helps. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can an "amateur" do-it-yourselfer install this part? Looks like it goes in from the top behind the grill. Do you know if it snaps in or requires special tools and expertise? Looks like there is a metal cover over the wiring that just comes off by removing the screw. Do you just unplug the old switch and plug in the new one?

yes you can do this, there is a little tab that clips this in. push the tab in with a putty knife. unplug the refrigerator when doing this though, then theres just two wires and it doesn't matter which wire goes to which terminal, you can see the little plastic clip on the top in this picture thanks Bryan