Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Samsung refrigerator, freezer on bottom, Model #RB215BSSB.

I have a Samsung refrigerator, freezer on bottom, Model #RB215BSSB. The digital temperature on the bottom door shows the refrigerator temperature as 46 and the freezer temperature as 36. Shouldn't the freezer temperature be 30 or below. I tried to change the freezer temperature with the button but it goes down to 4, then hops right back up to 36. It will keep ice frozen for a period of time but it isn't cold enough to keep it permanently frozen. Maybe my problem is I don't know how to set the freezer lower. It has an ice maker but it is not hooked up. My tenant buys ice but it doesn't stay frozen long.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer ? look real good behind the food, is the fan in the freezer running?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will have to check it. It is in a tenant's apartment. I don't recall any frost on the back panel. I am not sure about the fan. I will check and let you know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan: There is frost in the back of the freezer and I do not hear a fan running. Let me know what you think. Thanks, JoAnn
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry was off line, you will need to replace the fan . its shows no longer available however, most service techs carry a universal that will work, you will need to call for service. thanks Bryan