Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Pot Scrubber 1200 and am looking for advise on

I have a GE Pot Scrubber 1200 and am looking for advise on what to check or replace. The washer red light comes on when you latch the door, and than the fan(?) starts running, you can hear a gurgling sound, and that's where the unit stays at. When you open the door there is no sign of water or anything else. It appears to be stuck on this point of the cycle, as it will stay running like this for a long time.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

ok sounds like you not getting any water, this wont run or advance unless water comes in, first thing to check is the float inside, make sure it moves up and down freely. do you have the full model # ? its inside on the side wall on a tag.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The float does move up and down freely and I can hear the micro-switch clicking as it's moved up and down. The water supply to this unit is on, and you can see a small gurgle of water come out of the center spinner when you start it up, and ther is a small amount around the drain.
ok you need to replace the fill valve, it behind the access panel under the door, Main Product Viewyou can get this @ for $26.00, thanks Bryan