Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer flame is cycling on for 60-90 seconds and then shutting

Dryer flame is cycling on for 60-90 seconds and then shutting off. It doesn't come up to temp so the programmed timer doesn't advance.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your gas valve solenoids need to be replaced, if you have never replaced these you need to, heres a link to the parts,, to remove your front panel you need to remove the two screws at the bottom, seen in the diagram, these are usually replaced every 5-6 years, they are weak, hope this helps, I doubt the thermostat has failed again, as a test you can bypass the thermostat (test only ) if it stays lit then replace that again, thanks Bryan, P.S check to make sure its not the vent, easy way is to take the vent completely off the dryer in the back and run it if it stays lit the vent is clogged.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - I disconnected the duct and it ran normally. I guess there was enough lint buildup to constrict the flow.