Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a white westinghouse dryer. Ive replace the heater

I have a white westinghouse dryer. I've replace the heater and cycling thermostat and tested all the wiring for continuity and all the other thermosts it still won't heat

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

did you test for 220 volts to the heater while its running?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, I'm not sure how to do that?
ok, the best way to do that is unplug the dryer and take the two wires off the heating element, the two that go the heating element put your meter on volts and tape the leads to the wires, make sure they don't touch anything and start the dryer, you should be getting 220 volts to the element.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what do I do if it isn't getting 220

you will need to trace back the wiring to find out where its missing on side, have you check for 220 to the machine itself? at the plug?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it's getting 220 at the plug. I need to take this thing apart again to get at these wires. I don't think I can reach them otherwise. It will take me awhile. thank you for your help. We paid two techs to look at this but they basically took our $ and tried to sell us a new machine, its not in the budget right now. Can I contact you when I get this apart and I dont see a accept button where's that at, the green one in the upper right corner?
yes I'll be her all day, just come back and post and I will get it, sometimes it can take a few minutes to reply if I'm out of the room or something just post and I will reply. thanks Bryan