Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi! i have a 2 year old GE top load washing machine, it does

hi! i have a 2 year old GE top load washing machine, it does load and drain water, but, it doesn't agitate nor spin, what seems to be the problem? thanks...

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have a model #?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont have it right now,,, may take 10 minutes to get it...
sure take your time, I'll be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok. thanks!! i'll be back shortly....
ok this machine has a thermal fuse in between the motor and the timer. lets do this I'm going to close the other question where you gave me the model # XXXXX we will continue on this one, try to reply to this post so we don't get mixed up. I'll get you some diagrams and instructions in a few minutes, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is this the same thing? thermal or harness fuse?
yes its the harness fuse,heres how to open the front, about 2" in from each side between the top and the front panel there are clip you need to push up with a putty knife.

once that is off you can access the thermal fuse, its in the wiring running down the side of the washer in the front, (right) you will need to unplug the washer first, heres a link to the part, this also has instructions, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks Bryan! I opened up already the machine, now, i have to get the part, but APD will open on Monday, I'll keep you posted. I accept your answer.. Thank you very much..
your very welcome, this is a common issue on these, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan ! Finally, I replaced the thermal fuse, but , still, it doesn't spin nor

agitate. What's my next move ?

ok, thats unusual, ok, you need to check the lid switch, can you resend the model # ? I seem to have lost it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number is : wcsr 2090g4ww GE brand
this is the lid switch, you would need to bypass this and see if it runs, unfortunately you'll need to cut the wires to bypass it is no plug on this particular one try that and see if it runs then if not you probably have a bad control board which is a lot of money on this machine and you may want to replace it at that point the machine that is, let me know if the lid switch is the problem thanks, Bryan