Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My kenmore 800 washer is starting in the middle of a cycle

My kenmore 800 washer is starting in the middle of a cycle (like a rinse or spin) instead of filling with water. This happens on every cycle...delicate, handwash, bedding, normal, express.... HELP! Thanks!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So does it agitate without any water inside?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well it just starts spinning when I turn the knob clockwise and pull it out to commence the cycle at the beginning of a wash, but I believe it would also agitate, yes. hope that makes sense
ok, can I get your exact model number? Is this a front load washer or a top load? It should be located just inside the lid on a sticker or just inside the door if you open it.

And that doesn't really make sense to me what you just said. But you're saying it spins all the time even when you put it in wash, or rinse, or spin? It always spins? At a high speed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, I tried to start a load like normal and it just started spinning, not running water into the basin like a load would at the beginning. I tried other types of washes, like delicate, or bulky bedding and they all started spinning instead of filling basin with water.

the model number is XXXXX (hope thats the right one)

also printed on sticker is "type 111-05"

and CY2045184
ok well if it's not agitating or filling, only spinning, that means that your timer is just not working correctly and not sending power to the correct parts. Below is a link to the control board on the back of the timer that controls the unit that will need to be ordered and replaced.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, so I order the timer and replace it there any additional 'reset' I need to do? Thank you for your help.
correct, you can replace this part yourself if you want. And no, there is no reset on this unit at all.