Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my Samsung RS2530 makes a whining noise when the fan comes

my Samsung RS2530 makes a whining noise when the fan comes on. It is only 3 years old. If I gently tap, it stops the noise. I am trying to figure out if its the fan or something the fan is attached to that may be vibrating to cause the noise. Any suggestions? Do you have schematics?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

let me check your model, I believe this is made by Maytag, give me a few minutes, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
these are 12volt dc motors and you will need to replace the motor, the whining noise is the motor itself, you can order this @ the part # XXXXX DA31-00020H the blue link above will take you right to the part, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
I will try replacing the motor. I am sorry to delay my 'accept answer' response but would like to try this solution before I accept. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sure Wendy, we see this a lot, these motors the bearings in them wear, thanks talk later. Bryan