Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I use a Sharp Carousel over-the-range microwave oven model

I use a Sharp Carousel over-the-range microwave oven model R-1471, serial number 116187, purchased in 1996, that has worked well until last night. When the oven door is closed the device operates continuously and cannot be turned off by any means except opening the door. The keypad no longer controls the operation of the device. We tried to follow the instruction manual's "Help" section but nothing worked. I called the service company nearest us for help (a Sears store) and they suggested that we ask you if Sharp still makes parts for such an old model and a also for your suggestions as to what we might try to return the device to normal operation. What are your suggestions? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

its one of your door switches. these reset the board and send power to the fans and light, there are usually three in these, they are still available and are only between $3.00 to $7.00 dollars, I would replace them all, most electrical supply houses carry these even Radio Shack may have these, thanks Bryan.