Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Good morning. I have an old Kenmore Mod 106 fridge still working

Good morning.
I have an old Kenmore Mod 106 fridge still working ok.
It has a model 8150 3 ice maker which has started to make extra ice in form of icicles coming down from the tank. At first it was in the corner where water comes in, now there is some build-up also on the front side.
What can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks

Mauro
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

So you are saying too much water is coming into the ice maker?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is probably an excess of water. Is there a possible problem with water valve in the back of the fridge?
No if too much water is coming into the ice maker then the ice maker is the problem. The valve is controlled by the ice maker. The ice maker motor module is weak or you have a bad contact on the module. This will need to be replaced. Most models parts for the ice maker are not sold separately so you would need to replace the whole ice maker.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.