Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

I have an Electrolux Frigidaire frige/freezer model FRS23H5DSB5

I have an Electrolux Frigidaire frige/freezer model FRS23H5DSB5 which is about 7 yrs old. It came with our house.

It works OK but recently I've noticed a rythmic knocking sound for a few seconds every so often. It sounds like the sort of noise the compressor vessel would make if something was knocking against it.

Any idea what it is, how to get it fixed and what it might cost? Is it the sort of thing I can repair myself? I'm handy with tools but not a fridge expert.

I'm in Victoria on Vancouver Island.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
Well you are going to have to pull it out and see if it is the condenser fan motor or the compressor. If it is the compressor you will need a tech to change it at a cost of about 600 dollars. If it is the fan motor you can do that your self. It is just held in with screws.

If this has been helpfull please press accept. This is how I get paid for helping you today.
Thank you.Smile