Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

GE home kitchen range, Model #JBP24GOJ4WH Serial # H22204986 Unit

GE home kitchen range, Model #JBP24GOJ4WH Serial # XXXXX

Unit is about 23 years old and functioned fine until today. I discovered a break in the bake unit in the oven. Is a replacement part obtainable? If so, does it require professional installation?

thank You

Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
Just pull the stove out unplug it remove the back panel. Then remove the two wires from the element connectors. Then inside the oven are two screws holding it in remove them and pull it out. Take the element to your local appliance parts store and they can match it up with one for you. It is very easy to do.

If this has been helpfull please press accept. This is how I get paid for helping you today.
Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tom, I assume then that you know a bake unit on a range this old would be available if ordered.

I just do not lwant to go on a wild goose chase to appliance stores.

Thanks, John
Even if they do not have the exact one there is a universal bake element that will fit any stove. So it is not a problem to replace it.

Thank you.Smile