Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a maytag oversize capacity quiet washing machine that

I have a maytag oversize capacity quiet washing machine that is about 10 years old. Last night it started making a funny noise. In addition to the sound of normal washing/agitation, it has another sound that is like a water pick. It seems to be working, but I'm afraid to run it, as that extra sound may be alerting me to a small problem that could turn into a big problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
From your description the pump needs ro be replaced.

If this has been helpfull please press accept. This is how I get paid for helping you today.
Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just want to be clear that when the washer was filling with water during the rinse cycle there was not a strange sound. It began after the water level in the tub was full and the agitation began again.

Yes that is because when it is filling the motor is off and when it starts then when the motor engages and turns all the pulleys.

Thank you.Smile