Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a new (less than 9 months old Jenn-Air Refrigerator

Customer Question

We have a new (less than 9 months old Jenn-Air Refrigerator with water/ice maker in door. Suddenly nither will work. (With the exception of the "Express fILL" function.)

Ice is being made, but nothing happens when pressing the ice lever, or when it's switched over to despence water. Mod# XXXXX XXXXX It appears as if a fuse have blown that operates the function, although the lighs also seem to work properly......

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There isn't a fuse in the door unfortunately but it sounds like your control board in your dispenser is just confused or shorted if the express fill still works. Try unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes or turning the breaker off. Plug the unit back in and see if it resets the dispenser board, if not the dispenser board will need to be ordered and replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It didn't work....
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well unfortunately like I said, that means you'll need to have the dispenser board replaced then.