Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

No matter what I do I cannot clean dishwasher so that glasses

Customer Question

No matter what I do I cannot clean dishwasher so that glasses are not full of food residue.

Tried dishwasher magic but glasses still end up not totally clean.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

have you cleaned the filter real good, also along the front where the door close the lip collects a lot of particles and crap, take a towel open the door and wipe along the front edge where the bottom of the door is , is it filthy? black stuff?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have taken out the screen filter and cleaned it and wiped down the front door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
not really wipe the front door but under where it closes inside, did you wipe there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I wiped all around the door
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

ok, well theres food particles in the sump area then, this means removing the machine form the cabinet and tearing down the pump assembly, this is a big job, wish there was an easy fix . we have the same type dishwasher and we used Glisten and it did the trick for ours, they sell that at most grocery stores. it should be used once a month, its better than dish washer magic, I would try this before tearing down the machine, thanks Bryan,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased the Glisten as recommended and it did not solve the problem. What appears to have been the problem is that the rinse agent dispenser was broken. Upon replacing this, the glasses are clean again.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, you didn't mention that was broken, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not know it was not functioning until the repairman mentioned looked at it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay, well at least its fixed, sorry sometimes its difficult to help on line unfortunately, didn't want to tell you to replace something we are not sure about, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I appreciate your help. I agree sometimes an in person repair visit is necessary to resolve the problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
for sure, it didn't hurt to do the glisten anyway and you should do it like once a moth just to help clean the sump assembly to avoid future problems as much as possible, have a great day, thanks Bryan