The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Good Morning....I recently puchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer

Good Morning....I recently puchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and it was delivered and installed by the dealer on Sat., 11-27-10. The model # XXXXX XXXXX and the serial # XXXXX XXXXX It was working great until last night. I rinsed and spun a load of towels and then tried to wash the same load. The washer would not work. It has power and lights, I can change cycles and temperatures, but it won't start the wash cycle. I took the towels out and reloaded the washer as suggested by the troubleshooting guide. I did this twice. No response. I turned the power off and reseated the plug. No response. Should I call for service or can you give me advice? I am at work right now, so I cannot access the washer, but I would appreciate a response as I am quite upset. Thanks.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

If you have unplugged the unit for a few minuets it should reset the control board. You do have to leave it unplugged for a few minuets for it to reset. Unplugging it and then plugging it right back in isnt sufficient to reset the control board.

If you have done this then the next step is to call for service under the units warrenty. Any further attempts to repair it beyond the basic reset proceedure will void the warrenty.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.