Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I replaced the heating element in my Maytag Gemini bottom

Customer Question

I replaced the heating element in my Maytag Gemini bottom oven. The top oven worked fine. Now that I'm done, the ovens turn on but don't heat up. Is there some kind of reset button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX test the old elment befroe replacing..?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The old element gave off sparks when the oven was turned on. Once I got it out, it had melted and, once cool, broke.
Ok then what most likely happened is the ovens computer has shorted out due to the element arcing.What you did was the correct repair.First replace the element ...If still not working then the computer is damaged.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am a novice. Should I even consider replacing the computer myself? I know you don't have a crystal ball but, if I did replace the computer, what are the chances that something else will need to be replaced?
The computer replacement is pretty basic.Unplug the old replug the new.There is really nothing else left to cause this problem.You can purchase the computer at your local appliance parts shop or on line.Also once you do use the accept option today please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you ..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much!
You are welcome..