Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a 2-3 year old Whirlpool Gold dishwasher, Model #GU2455XT8T2

I have a 2-3 year old Whirlpool Gold dishwasher, Model #GU2455XT8T2 that will not run. There is power as the indicator lights are on, but when I press any cycle it just blinks and will not go through the cycle. It will fill up with water but it eventually shuts off before going through the wash cycle.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX can help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

After if fills up with water do you hear a humming noise.

Tim Alan :

like a motor trying to start or any clicking noises coming from the control panel?

Tim Alan :

are you there?

Tim Alan :

More than likely there is a problem with the pump and motor assy. I see you typing but nothing is coming through. I will be right back.

Customer :

Tim, how can the pump and motor assembly blow out in only 2 years? What would cause this? I thought this was a good dishwasher.

Tim Alan :

You are there. Thats the million dollar question. Why does anything go bad. Bad part. Something got inside and locked it up. Hard to say. I've had failures right out of the box. Sorry but this is not unusual at all

Tim Alan :

Whirlpool likes to keep their customers happy give them a call tell them the situation they very well could cover the part for you. I know they do it for my customers quite frequently.

Customer :

Tim, also, is the ?pump and motor assembly something I could take off and replace if I do get the part from Whirlpool? I'm fairly handy.

Tim Alan :

It's easy for me to do takes me about 25 minutes, The pump and motor assy comes loose from the bottom, and you take it out from the top, it's locked into place by 3 locking tabs, take the racks and spray arnms out from the inside, the drain pump just twists off and then remove the tabs and pop it right out.

Tim Alan :

the part number is W10237169 it's cost. is 155. By the way if you want my opinion whirlpool products are the best on the market. That is my opinion I know the quality of other manufacturers and they have a lot to be desired.

Customer :

Tim, I was typing when you were sending me the last response. See mine above your last entry.

Tim Alan :

that's all I see.

Tim Alan :

Tim Alan :

Don't forget to press the accept button and leave a comment when were done. I would appreciate it.

Customer :

I will, but see my last entry first, I think this is important to know.

Tim Alan :

Please resend it copy and paste whatever you sent I do not see anything.

Customer :

I just asked if I could have done something to burn this motor out or if it is just a fluke. If I screwed up, I won't fight much with Whirlpool, but if not, I will scream and hollar.

Tim Alan :

Not unless you put something in there that shouldn't have been in the dishwasher like a pair of underwear. Don't laugh I have pulled a pair out of a pump before.

Tim Alan :

I doubt you did anything wrong.

Customer :

Thanks Tim. Try to stay warm up there.