MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a Dacor Duel Fuel Range. After self cleaning, the door

Customer Question

I have a Dacor Duel Fuel Range. After self cleaning, the door won't unlock, fault F8. This happened once before. The first tech I had out said I needed a new control panel for big bucks. The next guy hit some reset button and it work great until we just cleaned the oven(for the first time since reset button). I think I found the button just behind the door latch assembly, didn't appear to be tripped. I physically moved the latch and latch motor to the open position. Now the oven will turn on but after about 2-3 minutes the F8 code comes back on. Can I fool the oven and just not use the self cleaning feature? I have run the ERC test, nothing happens during the latch phase.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
You can fool the control by simply connecting the wires that go to the switches on the latch in a manner that matches their connection if the latch were working right. This is easily figured out with a decent aptitude as all you have here are simple switches that either connect or disconnect the wires attached to them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are two proximity switches on the latch mechanism. I thought by moving the motor (and the cam that cycles the switches) to the open position this would do that very thing?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

As long as the switches are actually working and the mechanism is properly actuating them, then yes. So, if that is the case and you still get an error then the control is at fault. Grease build-up on the switches can cause false errors fyi.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
So, what else is needed here?