Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The top half of my fridge is warm and bottom half is kind of

Customer Question

The top half of my fridge is warm and bottom half is kind of cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

what kind of refrigerator is this exactly? The higher numbers mean "colder" also. Is this an under the counter refrigerator or a side by side or??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a fridgemaster, i couldnt tell you the model number as dont know where to find it.

it is a fridge with a freezer underneath.

ok because i had the numbers at 6 for a good hour or so and now the top shelf is actually very warm. I dont feel any cool when the fridge door is open.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok well there is a fan inside the freezer behind the back wall that should be blowing the air up to the refrigerator to cool. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and make sure the fan is running. If the fan isn't running then replace it. If it is running, there is going to be a lot of frost build up behind this panel that you need to thaw with a hair dryer because it's preventing the air from circulating properly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok also sometimes the outside of the fridge is boiling hot....should i worry about that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
the outside is how the refrigerator cools down. It just means that the compressor is running a lot (which happens when the refrigerator isn't getting down to temperature).