John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Magic Chef free standing stove/oven. The pilot light

Customer Question

I have a Magic Chef free standing stove/oven. The pilot light for the oven will not light. There is no gas getting to it. The stove has gas and the pilot lights and burners work. The model # XXXXX: CPR1100ALW the serial # XXXXX XXXXX I think the part is the main oven/broiler gas valve that is not working. I found some info on the stove and according to the picture in the info it says it is article #(NNN) NNN-NNNN I don't know if that helps or not. I need to replace this part. Please advise.
Thank you for your time.
Cari Sattler [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The problem is more likely the pilot assemble or a plugged pilot orifice cap. The part number is XXXXX and the price is $28.90. You can purchase it at Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
John: it is not the part that you said it was. It is in fact a "R thermostat, oven, ga. The part cost $92.89 with tax. Therefor, I want my $28.00 back. I never accepted your answer, yet I was billed for it. How is that ethical or legal?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

It's just a system error. I'll request a refund for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Of you re read my original e mail and your reply you should not require any other information. It was the oven/broiler gas valve and not the part you told me it was. Your information was very inaccurate and not worth $28.00. I want a refund!!!!!!!!!!