The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.

Miele dishwasher G 2420 or G 2430. Problem water doesnt

Customer Question

Miele dishwasher G 2420 or G 2430.
Problem: water doesnt' flow into the dishwasher.
There is water pressure. Cleaned the intake filter. Could feel the intake solenoid valve try to open and close. Could not determine if was functioning, but there is definitely voltage to the coils at the corresponding time.
Is it usually the solenoid valve that fails? Where can I get a replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

Forry :

Hi good day to you from David. It sounds likr your solenoid has the voltage but still not opening. These solenoids have a plunger inside and this can swell overtime and then the plunger sticks inside the chamber. If you have a multimeter it would be worth testing to see if the voltage is correct and then change if neccesary. I will come back if I can source a part for you regards David.

Forry :

What location are you please?

MieleCare Customer Support
This may help you find a spare part for your appliance.
(888)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>
JACUSTOMER-7e15zb6a- :

Seattle, WA

JACUSTOMER-7e15zb6a- :

I thought the same as you, however, I can feel the plunger moving inside the solenoid valve when dishwasher sends a voltage signal to the coil. I was told there was another device downstream from this valve that could also cause the problem.

Forry :

There is the water chamber bend but I have not heard of this getting blocked and is accessible by removing the side panel. You can of course remove the filling hose on the back of the valve and then fix a longer hose so as you can direct the water and see if you are getting water passing through the valve to back up your theory downstream. Hope tis helps regards David.