esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine had a long shirt sleeve

My Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine had a long shirt sleeve stuck in the door when the cycle started. The cycle stopped. Then I manually opened the door to remove the offending shirt. Now when I try to start a cycle, I get an error code of F-. What should I try next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi what is the error code

Customer :

F-

Customer :

Also, there is still water in the tub.

esequiel walker :

should be f02 or fo8

esequiel walker :

f something

Customer :

F bar

Customer :

No pun intended

esequiel walker :

sounds like the computer board is not responding

esequiel walker :

lol

esequiel walker :

i understand

Customer :

I figured the computer is confused by stopping during the water fill cycle

Customer :

Is there a way to reset the computer board?

esequiel walker :

unplug it for about 3 to 5 minutes sometimes it will reset

Customer :

Ok, I can try that. If that doesn't work, would draining the tub help?

esequiel walker :

draining the tub from the drain pump completely might erase the error code

Customer :

Before I unplugged it, I canceled the cycle and the door lock light would not go out. The door is still locked too.

esequiel walker :

ok do this remove the bottom panel under the door reach up under and pull the tab to release the door

Customer :

Ok, I can do that again.

Customer :

In 1 more minute it will have been 5 min since it was unplugged. I will plug it back in and see what happens. brb

esequiel walker :

ok

Customer :

I'm back

Customer :

I manually unlocked the door. I was able to get the door to re-lock when I was pushing up against the door while pushing the start button. Could something be wrong with the door switch? When I stop pushing on the door, the cycle stops.

esequiel walker :

yes you have a bad door lock the spring in it is bad

esequiel walker :

you dont fix it just replace it if the computer doesnt sense it locked it wont advance the cycle

Customer :

Is the door lock spring difficult to remove?

esequiel walker :

not real hard just remove the rubber seal around the door and the two screws that hold it in place easy

Customer :

Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks for your help and patience (while I ran up and down the stairs to the laundry room)

esequiel walker :

not a problem my pleasure

esequiel walker :

pressing accept pays me thanks

esequiel walker :

good luck

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp