The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

I have a bosch SHX4AP which doesnt start. Power is on, and

Customer Question

I have a bosch SHX4AP which doesnt start. Power is on, and it sems i can hear a valve trying to operate, but the indicatior lights do not come on, and it wont run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 6 years ago.

Forry :

Hi to you from David. Is your water turned on, and if yes are you sure the water feed has not frozen in the pipe as this would cause the valve to just buz. Sometimes the water in the valve itself can freeze causing this problemm depending where your dishwasher is kept, such as an unheated room for example. A hair dryer to help thaw out will help sort out this problem. If after checking to see you have a running water supply then you will need to test the inlet valve. Please come back if you need to go further with this one regards David.

JACUSTOMER-0jto8map- :

the water is on and the unit is in the kitchen, we have no has freezing weather. Would a clogged water inlet cause the indicator lights to not illuminate?

Forry :

It may well be worth removing inlet hose for inspection. Turn off the supply and check filter and test supply over sink.regards David.