Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag refrigerator model #MF12568AES. The bottom

I have a Maytag refrigerator model #MF12568AES. The bottom freezer compartment handle has come loose. Can you tell me how to access the screw that holds the handle on to re-attach it?
I cannot find a way to open up inside area to access the screw.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are tiny set screws coming in from the bottom of the handle on the left and right side of the handle. You need a small alen wrench to fit into the holes. Then unscrew the set screws and the handle will remove so that you can tighten down the bracket behind the handles.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am aware of the allen screws on the bottom side of the handle.The screw I am referring to is a self tapping screw that is coming through the drawer from the inside which attaches to the handle. I cannot gain access to this screw to retrieve it and poke it through the existing hole to the handle. How do i get to it to poke it back through so that the handle can attach to it?
there is no screw coming from the inside into the handle. If you unscrew the alen set screws the handle will pull off and there is a bracket with 1 screw going through it. The head of the screw is visible once the handle is removed so you can tighten it down.