Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

John, I have the same Dacor model PCOR30s and the turntable

John, I have the same Dacor model PCOR30s and the turntable died...looking forward to your reply, they are 6 years old, I guess it has seen a hard life!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 4 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

Turntable motors are very fragile items

Repairman1981 :

When you get the new one you will see how fragile

Repairman1981 :

99% of the time the motor just goes out, sometimes the board could be bad, or it could be turned off. I would assume you have checked the turned on or off thing before posting here

Repairman1981 :

You can either replace it based on the numbers of times the board is bad versus the motor. 99% of the time it's just the motor

Repairman1981 :

Or you can pull the unit, take the bottom cover off near the turn table and measure power to it while running. If you have 120v then the motor is bad, if you don't then the board is bad and possibly the motor as well

Repairman1981 :

If the board is bad check the resistance of the motor since your motor could short and blow the board. Thanks!

Customer :

the motor went from making groaning noises and slowing to a complete halt regardless if the turntable was turned on or off.

Repairman1981 :

oh well the motor is the issue

Repairman1981 :

For sure save yourself the trouble

Repairman1981 :

Need me to look up the part number or do you plan to hire a tech to replace it?/

Customer :

if you can post that part number, my husband can replace.

Repairman1981 :

k ... give me a sec

Customer :

thanks and the instructions for installing were on a previous posting, correct? this one is installed above our stove.

Repairman1981 :

if it's above the stove you should be able to change this without pulling it down

Repairman1981 :

Just remove the base

Customer :

coo

Customer :

cool with an "l"

Repairman1981 :

66245 is the part number looked it up on www.apdepot.com and it shows 9.06 for a price. That seems really low could be cost, but if not you can see what I meant by fragile (CHEAP)

Repairman1981 :

Just order, remove the bottom swap (2 screws) and your good to go

Repairman1981 :

Anything else I can help you with?

Customer :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX works!

Repairman1981 :

your welcome. .... lemme know if you need anything else

Repairman1981 :

Have a good rest of the evening

Repairman1981 :

Please remember to click accept and leave feedback

Customer :

I am printing this email but it only printed the first half? do I receive a transaction report on the rest?

Repairman1981 :

Honestly I don't know .... I'm pretty sure they email it to you but to be safe copy and paste it to a word doc and print it

Repairman1981 :

Really all you need is the part number the rest is just chat pretty much

Repairman1981 :

That 1 line is all you really need to save

Customer :

sorry, foggy, should have thought of that myself, thanks!

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands