Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have been trying to contact you regarding my still not working

Customer Question

I have been trying to contact you regarding my still not working Kitchen Aid convection range. You worked with me trying to diagnose my problem but I am still in the dark. Can you please contact me and let me know what I should do. If you cannot help me, I need to know and learn what I should do next. My wife's range is disassembled all over our kitchen and we have no stove at all. After I pushed the accept button it feels like I have been dropped.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I looked at your original thread and there is nothing additional there. Not sure how you tried to contact me, but this is the first I have heard from you since your past post on the other thread. What can I help you with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure what happened, I'm totally familiar with how Just Answer works but I could not reach you after accepting. The problem is with my Kitchen Aid Range kerc607hww8

oven does not work at all but range top does
a past service tech told me the main panel needed to be replaced
part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN we had some confusion identifying the exact part and discovered that there is a second panel in the lower right rear chassis.
You had me check current across black and white leads to the second panel I did and it read 125v
I also found and checked resistance across an in line fuse in the rear of the oven---the fuse was intact
What do I do next? I have a new $250 panel but the oven display still does not light up at all.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Did you install the other board you said you still have? The display board feeds off the lower board according to the service manual. If you have the other board, try swapping it for the new one you have and see what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is what I was thinking of doing. Seems logical so let me try this and get back to you tomorrow sometime. Would that be OK?

ty

Rick Larson
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
That will be great. That is really the only thing that can be wrong with it...keep me posted!