SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

We have Sub Zero 700 BR refrigerator drawers that simply stopped

We have Sub Zero 700 BR refrigerator drawers that simply stopped cooling. They are only a couple of years old and the lights still work. Is there a simple way to fix them or do I need a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Does the unit appear to be running? Fans, lights, compressor sounds, ect?

Customer :

Only the lights seem to be working. I don't hear any fans or compressor sounds.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Does this unit have big buttons that say zone or smaller buttons that say warmer/colder on the display?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the new ones have the warmer colder buttons and we can do a force run (make the machine run). the older one we can't do anything like that.

Customer :

They have the warmer/colder buttons

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Great. Press and hold the colder key and then press and hold the unit on/off button for 10 seconds. You should hear some clicks and it try and start.

Customer :

I will try it and be right back...

Customer :

I tried it a few times and nothing happened

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

No problem. It may be running with a bad fan. It will make almost no noise then. One last thing to check. please remove the bottom drawer and you will see the condenser cover (front kickplate). This is the cover you normally remove to vacuum the condenser. Remove the cover and see if there is a lot of dust or lint behind it. Also check if it seems really hot down there and if there is any airflow. Let me know, thanks

Customer :

will be back shortly...

Customer :

There is no airflow and the unit is not hot. It isn't cooling at all and I don't hear any fan running. There was a little lint, but not too bad.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks. You either have a failed tempurature sensor or a failed control board. I would try turning off the power for 5 minutes at the breaker to see if the board will reset. If that doesn't work you will need to call a repair man and have them bring a board and sensor.

Customer :

O.K., thanks.

Customer :

Any recommendations for a Sub-Zero repair service in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. This question will stay open even after you accept. Thanks, Sam

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

What's the zip. I can look up the authorized person on the SZ website

Customer :

60010

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

i sec please

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

STERLING SERVICE
Services Sub-Zero and Wolf products

1150 ENSELL RD,
LAKE ZURICH, IL 60047
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer :

I tried them and they already screwed up the appointment time and cancelled on me. Anybody else local?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Midwest Parts Distributing - Chicago
192 Exchange Blvd,
Chicago, IL 60139
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr>More Info & Directions

Customer :

O.K., thanks!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

no problem.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman