Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series Model Number PLES389ECB.

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series Model Number PLES389ECB. I would like to know how to remove the control panel area were the surface control switches are mounted. I have to replace the Right Rear Element Switch. I have checked the web for factory manuals that may contain the information but found none as to where all the screws are for removing the panel.

I know there are four screws on the underside of the panel, but it seems that there is still more screws that may be holding the panel in place.

Do you have any ideas? or a diagram of the area in question... they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks, Kevin
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The top of the control panel is very easy to remove actually. Just unplug the oven first, then pull all the burner knobs off. There is a nut that goes around the shaft of each burner knob. Just unscrew all 4 knobs and the top of the control panel will pull up and off so that you can remove the metal control bracket below (which you will see all the screws that need to be removed) and then you can replace the surface switch that is faulty.