Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can I remove the plastic coating/film that covers the touch

Can I remove the plastic coating/film that covers the touch pad on my microwave???
It has "blistered/ bubbled" on the buton functions I use most often--not really pretty---
I am afraid to "peel off" the coating --lest I make the control pad vunerable to damage---or just damage it in the process of removing it??? Please advise on the best solution---Thank You--
Gena Hughes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Yes, you are supposed to remove that thin film cover when you install the microwave. That is nothing more than a shipping film they put over the touchpad so that the touchpad doesn't get scratched. Just peel it off and you'll see it comes off very easy (well it may not if it's been on there for a long time now but when it was new it would have).