Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

I have a Babylock Imagine serger, which is ;7 years old. The

Customer Question

I have a Babylock Imagine serger, which is ;7 years old. The left needle CONSTANTLY comes unthreaded after about 5 minutes of sewing. One technician "fixed" it, but it unthreaded in about 5 minutes. Another Babylock technician said the looper was not "properly timed" and he fixed it.....but in 5 or less, minutes it unthreaded again...Very frustrating!! No one in Macon, Ga., seems to know how to fix it so that it STAYS threaded. Can you please help? Thanks, XXXXX [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.

Craig :

Have you ever used 'loc-tight' on the needle? It could help but how often will you need to change the needle?

Craig :

This stuff really holds and not sure if it would be a problem to change the needle once you use it?

Craig :

They have two kinds, red (permanent) and the blue, for things that need to be dis assembled. This is the one I recommend for the needles. Blue Loc-Tight

Craig :

You can find it in Auto Zone or auto parts stores. Mechanics use it to hold blots and screws in place in high vibration areas.

Craig :

Make sure you use BLUE, red is permanent

JACUSTOMER-qmbpi7hi- :

I think you misunderstood my question. The NEEDLE does NOT come out, the THREAD comes out of the needle. ANd you cannot put loctite in machine needles....they have to be changed often.