hitechapp
hitechapp, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  4 years in the trade
24836155

why does my dishwasher fill up in the filter area so quickly

why does my dishwasher fill up in the filter area so quickly thus causing the flood sensor switch to trip and the dishwasher to stop working? I had dried out and restarted the dishwasher on two occasions on the advice given on this website, but it worked well for only 1 month. I have only had this dishwasher for 5 years from new.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  hitechapp replied 6 years ago.

hitechapp :

does it also fill over night?

JACUSTOMER-sr0qw792- :

It happens only after a wash and only low in the bowl in which the filter is situated but clearly at high enough level to cause the dishwasher to pack up after a few washes.

hitechapp :

maybe its not drainning properly

hitechapp :

whats the model # XXXXX make?

JACUSTOMER-sr0qw792- :

diplomat ADP8322

hitechapp :

what brand?

JACUSTOMER-sr0qw792- :

brand?

hitechapp :

i couldnt find it but seems simple as make sure its draining. not leaving water at end of cycle. if its leaving water check ur drain hose. also check your air gap or disposal. does ur drain hose go to a disposal or air gap?

JACUSTOMER-sr0qw792- :

goes to the drain pipe under the sink - have not been able to get it working since with advice given....but tomorrow I will take the machine apart to do troubleshooting ....since it would be nigh impossible to purchase a new one before xmas so I reckon any success I achieve wld be my present. thank you...and merry christmas to you..