The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a N811RT model that will cool freezer to below 0. Refrigerator

I have a N811RT model that will cool freezer to below 0. Refrigerator will not cool. No frost on fins. Have checked everything according to the manual. It will cool for approximately four hours in the freezer and then shuts down and the light begins to blink five times, pause, and then repeat blink five and pause.

I have laid it on its side for four hours, replaced in hole and it still does not cool. Have checked thermister in ice water as directed. appears to be working right. Does the same on gas or electric. Have leveled and everything the book says but not right.

Can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

What you have is a NoCo fault (no cooling detected by the control board) This is a common failure and easily repaired.

Please click here to download the service manual for your unit. Go to page 21 to correct the problem.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.