Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a side-by-side ge refrigerator Model No. GSS25QGTG BB.

I have a side-by-side ge refrigerator Model No. GSS25QGTG BB. I just replaced the water filter and I can't get the water or ice cubes to work. There is no water flow. Could I have put in the wrong filter?

Dawn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 6 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX than likely you may not have gotten it all the way in take it out and try it again. Believe it or not I have also had bad filters right out of the box to, so that's another possibility.

Tim Alan :

I looked up the filter it should be a mwf or mwfa both should work

JACUSTOMER-1ekxqsug- :

Okay, I did that. How do I get the water to start through the filter and out the front dispenser? The stock number on the filter is 9014.

Tim Alan :

dispense the water normally

Tim Alan :

were you having water flow problem before you replaced the filter or just after the filter was replaced.

JACUSTOMER-1ekxqsug- :

Okay, I just solved my problem. I replaced the filter with the plug and we have water. I will just have to get another filter.

Tim Alan :

The filter was bad , that solves that. don't forget to press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you and have a good night.