Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

What fuses do you use for a dryer Is it 30 or 40V I currently

Customer Question

What fuses do you use for a dryer? Is it 30 or 40V? I currently have 40 time delay fuse in the panel box. Not sure if it is the right one. The interior light comes on but no power to the front panel. Brand new delivered today. YNED7300WW1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 years ago.

Hello. The dryer should be on #10 wire fused at 30 amps.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you believe that is why the electrical panel s not working on the new dryer? That the fuse is too high? Does a dry use a time delay fuse or regular fuse?

Having 40 amp fuses will not keep the dryer from working. They should be regular fuses but even time delay fuses will not stop the dryer from operating. If you have a meter to test the fuses you should have 240 volts at the dryer. If the voltage is correct you will know there is a problem in the dryer. Let me know everything that happens. Does the dryer run? Is it totally dead?

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is totally dead. Other than interior light. No power

If the interior light works the control should light up because it is on the same side of the power line. It proves that the one house fuse is good. If you take out the fuses and swap them side to side and the dryer runs but does not heat you will know that one of the fuses is bad. If the problem is the same you have a problem in the dryer. Possibly the control but more testing with a meter is needed.

Dave

Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I wanted to avoid a tech
Coming. As it is brand new
I supose I have no alternative. Thank you

As long as the fuses are good there will be no charge under warranty.

Best wishes.

Dave