The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.

Hello I have a viking rangehood model #VHW3610SS one day everything

Customer Question

Hello I have a viking rangehood model #VHW3610SS one day everything decided to blow lights, controls, etc. but the fan still works. A real funny smell came out that lasted about 3 days. What could it be? thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

Forry :

Hi is this a multi speed range hood? I guess it is. Do all speeds still work.? I guess not. This sounds like the motor windings have burnt reducing you to only one speed setting. Remedy to get back to full power is to replace the fan motor, regards David,

JACUSTOMER-2v05pvt7- :

But what about the lights and everything else on it that don't work? right now the fan is the only thing that does actually work, nothing else.

Forry :

In that case it may well be the control card that has burnt and not the motor. This is a small pcb that will be burnt if you inspect. All is not lost though as these are usually astandard replacement part. Thanks David.F

JACUSTOMER-2v05pvt7- :

Can u possibly give me the part number that I am going for

Forry : Have had an extensive look around and can not seem to get any further with this for you. I did though find this link that requires a USA postcode so maybe you can further your enquiry with these. Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion regards David.F.(FORRY)