Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

Amana all electric range model ARHC8700WW purchased in 1996.

Amana all electric range model: ARHC8700WW purchased in 1996. Power was flickering and damaged something. I have an "OFF" code on the ERC and no oven functions are working. I replaced the expensive ERC to still have the same "OFF" code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Justin :

Press and hold BAKE and COOK TIME for 5 seconds.

“OFF” displays where the temperature normally appears. To reactivate control, press and

hold BAKE and COOK TIME pads for 5 seconds on the upper oven control.

Customer :

ok, let me try that

Justin :

Ok, give it 5 to ten seconds

Customer :

ok, result is: beep, beep, beep with code F7 displayed until I hit oven/cancel, then the OFF code returns

Justin :

Ok, give me a minute please. I want to research this.

Customer :

sure, take your time.

Customer :

don't worry about $$, I am a fair man

Justin :

No worries at all my friend. When you push bake, do you get a beep? When you push cook time, do you get a beep? How long did you hold those two pads in together?

Customer :

I had to hold both the bake and time/temp Up buttons for more than 5 seconds before the code and the beeps started. Probably 10 sec

Justin :

Doesn't your stove have a separate COOK TIME button? Not the up or down arrows.

Justin :

Cook Time and Bake.

Customer :

no, up and down arrows

Justin :

Ok.

Customer :

if I press "bake" alone, you hear a click only

Justin :

The F7 is a stuck key error. This could be initiated if you held the key too long.

Justin :

Hang tight.. Looking some info up still.

Justin :

There is a series of digits on your model tag which starts with the letter P. What is that number.

Justin :

according to your manual, on the left side of the control, there IS a button called cook time. Far left bottom button. Am I wrong?

Customer :

Justin, I am so sorry, I am on a desktop and looked again, followed you original instructions and it's working now!!!

Justin :

AWESOME !!!

Customer :

I did have a cook time button, sorry, this has been broke for a year!

Customer :

you are THE MAN!

Justin :

That was what was throwing me for a loop.

Justin :

That's the child lock out

Justin :

do you have the owners manual?

Customer :

yes

Justin :

Ok. Check page 17

Customer :

you know I aksed justanswer about this in July and the gentleman was confident it was the ERC

Customer :

ok

Justin :

I'm sorry. Do you have his name?

Customer :

no, I don't think I saved anything, but this site had my e-mail so I think it was one of your associates, not a big deal to me now, just thrilled to have it fixed

Justin :

Ok. I can't ask you for your email address, but you can file a grievance with the site. In fact. If you do accept my answer, I can go ahead and send this to moderators to see if someone can help you with a possible refund for that previous attempt.

Justin :

I feel for you that you spent that money on that ERC. It wasn't a bad guess on his part, but I'd be upset.

Customer :

I purchased a used, tested ERC for $113 including shipping so not a big deal. I am going to click accept Justin, thanks for everything,

Justin :

If "OFF" comes back though, that would suggest your user interface is acting up.

Justin :

Ok, thank you my friend.

Justin :

I'll send this to the moderators

Customer :

ok, I will make notes in the manual, thanks again

Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service