Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

I have a maytag pav3300aww washing machine that makes a squealing

I have a maytag pav3300aww washing machine that makes a squealing noise when it runs, no matter what its doing washing or spinning. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Well not much to go on, the noise could be the belt, but most of the noise issues stem from the drain pump on the pav models. The pumps seam to develop noisy bearings and create a squeal in both wash and spin cycles. You can try taking the belt off and turning the pump by hand to see if you can duplicate the noise. By the way tightening the belt could cause other problems, so don't get it too tight. Hopefully it's just a pump, because if it's in the brake assy or transmission you won't be able to fix without specialty tools. If you need further assistance let me know otherwise please press the accept button and leave a comment. If it is the pump it could be one of 2 pumps so were ever you get the pump from double check to make sure you get the right one it does make a difference. The manufacturer has it listed wrong on parts lists. It's either a 35-6780 or a 35-6465 you will match it up.