Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

How to unlock oven door of my Frigidaire stove After self

How to unlock oven door of my Frigidaire stove? After self cleaning the door never opened. Currently is beeping and showing a F9 error code in the screen. We tried to follow the manual's troubleshooting instruction : pushing "clear off" button to stop the beeping and display. We "reprogramed the oven" to no avail.... then after unplugging and plugging the electricity a weird sound started like a percussion tac tac tac tac ...
I am not sure about the model since no one wrote it down in the manual... the only number I see in the manual is XXXXXXXXX (0402) Rev. A

We would appreciate your help on this !
Thanks!

It is similar to a FFEF3016LW model though but this one seems to be older (2004)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. You need to replace the oven lock motor. The lock motor is located on the back of the oven and is accessed by removing the back panel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean? Do I have to unscrew the 20 screws to take out the back panel and then check if the motor is working ? or should I buy a motor at once and try to install it...?

It seems like what you are proposing is a tecnician job...! I am not qualified to do that!!!
Yes you need to remove the 20 screws. I would order the motor and replace it all at once. This is pretty easy to do and I believe you can do it. You can order the part from this link. CLICK HERE theres even a video on the link that will show you how.

Edited by Appliance Man on 11/27/2010 at 6:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem is that I am not sure about the exact model of this oven...!

I will be calling the renting company to take care of this since I just rented this furnished house and it is their responsibility to repair the oven...
Ok then let them worry about the right model #.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will not accept until I verify that the motor is defective as you stated!!!!

YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL YOUR VERDICT IS CONFIRMED!!!!!
Ok sounds good.