S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

We have a Jenn Air black glass-top cooktop that is about 8

We have a Jenn Air black glass-top cooktop that is about 8 years old. We are unable to find a model number on the unit, even in the location we were told we would find it. It appears something has been stripped off. We require a switch for the top left (large) burner. I have a picture of the unit I could submit if you are able to identify the model from a picture.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 5 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. Unfortunately there is no way to tell a model number from looking at the unit. If it can not be found under the unitthen the only way to get the correct part number is XXXXX remove the old one and get the numbers off the switch. About 80% of them have a part number on the switch.

JACUSTOMER-nstv8sfu- :

Thank you. Not a very satisfactory way of determining a model. I can't believe the model number would only be on a peel off label!

S.E.Thomas :

that will not tell us the model number but will be able to tell what the part number is.

S.E.Thomas :

with out that tag there is no way of knowing the model number

S.E.Thomas :

those tags are not removed easily.