Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Electrolux dishwasher gives error code 1

Customer Question

I have a new Electrolux dishwasher. I got an error 1 code that I can't clear. I removed the glass filter and there was nothing blocking and there appears to be no problem at all. The manual says that sometimes the "large food filter" needs cleaning but I don't see how it comes out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and start a new cycle and the error 1 should be gone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I uninstall the dishwasher specifically? We're having Thanksgiving tomorrow and the repair man can't come until Monday so I have to take a stab at this myself. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately every install is different so I can't say for certain. But usually if you open the door there are screws going up through the top or through the side of the dishwasher that you need to unscrew to pull the dishwasher forward.