Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

What does F H mean on my whirlpool duet washer, it will make

What does F H mean on my whirlpool duet washer, it will make it half way through the wash cycle and start flashing F H. It seems like its getting water when it starts the cycle. I have checked the hoses and screens and all seems clear. I read it can be a couple of other things like flow meter and something else, what can I do to check and fix myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
  • If there is no water in the unit:
    1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
    2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
    3. Verify inlet valve operation
  • If there is water in the unit:
    1. Verify Drain pump operation
    2. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
  • Verify there is not a siphon problem
  • Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check all hoses for possible leaks
  • Verify pressure switch operation
  • Verify flow meter operation
  • Verify CCU operati
If this has been helpfull please press accept. Thank you.