S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

The first time I cleaned my oven I failed to take out the racks.

The first time I cleaned my oven I failed to take out the racks. Now I can't get the bottom rack out. I have had the oven for 5 years and purchased it from Clarks Appliances in Indianapolis, Indiana. How do I get the bottom rack out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. If the rack is up high enough you need to tap the outside edges of it to get it broke free. sometimes it will break free if you just pull hard on the center of the rack.

Customer:

The right side is still stuck tight. I sprayed Pam on it like you would WD-40 and that did not help. The left side is free and moves just fine.

S.E.Thomas :

what has most likely happened is the finish of the rack has baked to the cavity. you just need to get it broke free

S.E.Thomas :

There is really nothing else you can do to free it. your going to have to pry it free

Customer:

It is late and I am going to sign off.

S.E.Thomas :

i am still waiting for your response

Customer:

I will have someone attempt this tomorrow.

S.E.Thomas :

Did you get you rack loose?

Customer:

I haven't had time to try. If I can't., I will call service in Indianapolis and have them work on it. Thank you for your time.