Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Whirlpool Self-Cleaning Accubake System oven. When

I have a Whirlpool Self-Cleaning Accubake System oven. When we bought the house, there was no manual left. I used the self-cleaning mode for the first time yesterday. I placed cast iron grills from our outside grill/smoker in the oven to clean along w/ the oven. I started the cleaning process at 9:30 a.m. yesterday (Friday, 11/19). The cleaning finished 2 1/2 hours later. I realize there is a "cooling down" period, but since 1:00 or so yesterday, the oven has been beeping and "E3 - F2 -" has been appearing on the digital screen where the temperature/clock is usually. Also, it is still locked.

What do I do? We tried shutting the power off to the oven, but that didn't work either.

Please tell me I'll have my oven and the rest of my smoker for Thanksgiving!!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Could the code be E2 F3 ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. It's E3 F2.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok this error code means a button on the touch pad has shorted. In this case the touch pad will need to be replaced. Since you need the oven real soon you should take the model number to a local appliance parts dealer to purchase a replacement.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My son finally got the door open - we removed the grill grates. It still beeps and when I hit the button to Bake or Broil, "Cln" still appears. Does this mean that the cleaning cycle didn't complete and I just need to hit "Clean" again and go through this all over?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
It could. Sometimes the control board can freeze and throw out error codes. This code is specific though so if it returns the touch pad will need to be replaced.